Choukou, M.A., Sanchez-Ramirez, D., Pol, M. Uddin, M., Monnin, C., Syed-Abdul, S. COVID-19 infodemic and digital health literacy in vulnerable populations. Digital Health (Accepted Jan/2022)
- Maddahi, A., Bani Hani J., Asgari, A., Nassiri, A., Choukou, M.A. Therapists' perspectives on a new portable hand telerehabilitation platform for home-based personalized treatment of stroke patients. European Review for Medical and Pharmacological Sciences (Accepted 7/21/2021)
- Choukou, M.A., Polyvyana, A. Sakamoto, Y. Osterreicher, A. 2021. Ambient Assisted Living Technologies to support Older Adults’ health and wellness: A systematic mapping review. European Review for Medical and Pharmacological Sciences, 25(12): 4289-4307.
- Choukou, M.A., Mbabaali, S. Bani Hani, J, Cooke, C. 2021. A scoping review of haptic-enabled interventions for hand rehabilitation in stroke patients: a scoping review. Applied Sciences, 11: 3712.
- Choukou, M.A., Sakamoto, Y. Irani, P. 2021. Attitude and perceptions of older and younger adults towards ambient technology for assisted living. European Review for Medical and Pharmacological Sciences, 25(10): 3709-3717.
- Choukou, M.A., Taha, A. Qadeer, A, Monnin, C. 2021. Digital health technology for remote care in response to COVID-19 pandemic: a scoping review. European Review for Medical and Pharmacological Sciences, 25(8):3386-3394.
- Choukou, M.A., Mbabaali, S. East, R. Healthcare Professionals’ Perspective on Implementing a Detector of Behavioural Disturbances in Long-Term Care Homes, International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health (Section: Mental Health), 2021, 18(5): 2720
- Choukou, M.A., Shortly, T., Leclerc, N., Freir, D., Lessard, G., Demers, L., Auger, C. 2021. Evaluating the Acceptance of Ambient Assisted Living Technologies (AALT): A Scoping Review. International Journal of Medical Informatics, 150: 104461.
- Choukou, M.A., Maddahi, A. Polyvyana, A. Monnin, C. 2021. Telehealth for Indigenous Older Adults: A Scoping Review. International Journal of Medical Informatics, 148: 104408.
- Choukou, M.A., Potvin-Gilbert, M., Best, K.L., Gagnon, D., Borisoff, J., Routhier, F. 2021. Scoping review of propulsion-related aids for manual wheelchair. Assistive Technology, 33(2): 72-86
- Choukou, M.A., Best, K.L., Craven, B.C., Hitzig, S.L. 2019. Identifying and classifying quality of life tools for assessing Neurologic Bowel Dysfunction after Spinal Cord Injury. Topics in Spinal Cord Injury Rehabilitation. 25(1) : 1-22.
- Routhier, F., Archambault, P. S., Choukou, M.A., Giesbrecht, E., Lettre, J., & Miller, W. C. Barriers and facilitators of integrating the miWe immersive wheelchair simulator as a clinical tool for training powered wheelchair driving skills. 12th World Congress of the International Society of Physical and Rehabilitation Medicine, Paris, France, July 8-12, 2018.
- Choukou, M.A., Routhier, F., Lettre, J., Noreau, L., Monacelli, E., Rabreau, O., Leyrat, P.A., Coulmier, F. 2017 Becape: Skills assessment rig to driving. 1st IEEE International Symposium on Last-Mile Smart Mobility, August 24-26, 2016, Paris, France
Choukou, M.A., Zhu, X., Abdul-S, S. (2022) Digital Health Solutions Transforming Long Term Care and Rehabilitation. In Health Informatics. Healthcare Information Management Systems: Cases, Strategies, and Solutions. Joan M. Kiel, Marion J. Ball and George R. Kim Eds. Springer
Mohamed-Amine Choukou. Sustainability of mHealth solutions for healthcare system strengthening. In: Digital Health – Mobile and Wearable Devices for Participatory Health Applications. ISBN: 9780128200773 (Published 1st October 2020)
- Rabreau, O., Choukou, A., Routhier, F., Lettre, J., Noreau, L., Monacelli, E. (2018). BECAPE: Skills Assessment Tools for Car Driving. In: Embedded Systems and Assistive Technology for Last Mile Mobility, Ed. Institut Computer Science, ISBN: 978-2-490255-00-9
- Choukou, M.A.Smart-Technology-Enabled Telerehabilitation for Rural, Remote and Underserved Populations of Manitoba. Health Checks – There’s a Whole Lot of Living Left to Do, 2021
- Choukou, M.A. Adaptive rehabilitative technologies for stroke survivors Canadian Partnership for Stroke Recovery (CPSR)'s Stroke Program in Neurorecovery (CPSR-SPiN) workshop. July 19, 2021. (Virtual due to COVID-19)
- Choukou, M.A., Adaptive rehabilitative technologies for stroke survivors, CanStroke Recovery Trials: Executive Committee Meeting. June, 4, 2021. (Virtual due to COVID-19)
- Hirsch, P., Choukou, M.A., Bellavance, F. 2017. Transfer of Learning Basic Vehicle Control Skills from Truck Simulator to the Real World in Entry-Level Truck Driver. Transport. Res. Rec.2637: 67–73.
- Choukou, M.A., Bluteau, C., Germain Robitaille, G., Simoneau, M., Lavallière, M., Moskowicz, T., Laurendeau, D., Teasdale, N. 2014. Naturalistic study of stop-controlled intersections negotiation and respect for speed limits in drivers aged 65 and over. Recherche, Transport et Securité 30:271-281.
- Mecheri, S., Laffaye G., Triolet, C., Leroy, D., Dicks, M. Choukou, M.A., Benguigui, N. 2019. Relationship between Split-Step Timing and Leg Stiffness in World-Class Tennis Players when Returning Fast Serves. Journal of Sports Sciences
- Laffaye G., Choukou, M.A., Benguigui, N., Padulo, J. 2016. Age- and gender-related development of stretch-shortening cycle during a sub-maximal hopping task. Biology of Sport 33:29-35.
- Ferrari, F.J., Choukou, M.A., De Ru, E., Abdi, E., Boyer, F.C., Trenchard, H., Taiar, R. 2016. Does “Kinesio-Taping” Influence Dynamic Standing Balance? International Journal Series in Multidisciplinary Research 2 (1): 1-10
- Gardan, N., Laheurte, J., Gouy, E., Dey, N., Abdi, E., Asgher, U., Choukou, M.A., Schneider, A., Taiar, R. 2015. Computational fluid dynamics for the nordic combined skiing jump. Series on Biomechanics 29: 31-38.
- Choukou, M.A., Hijazi, S., Boyer, F.C., Taiar, R. 2014. Treatment of shoulder dislocation due to rotator cuff syndrome: A comparative study between a manual relocating technique and a shoulder rehabilitation device. Journal of Advances in Biomedical Engineering and Technology 1: 1-7.
- Choukou, M.A., Laffaye, G. Taiar R. 2014. Reliability and validity of an accelerometric system for assessing vertical jumping performance. Biology of Sport 31(1): 55-62.
- Choukou, M.A., Laffaye, G., Taiar, R. 2013. Validity of an accelerometric system for measuring force- time based data during jumping tasks. Computer Methods in Biomechanics and Biomedical Engineering 1:84-5.
- Laffaye, G., Debanne T., Choukou, M.A. 2012. Is the ball velocity dependent on expertise? A multi- dimensional study in International Journal of Performance Analysis in Sport 12: 629- 642.
- Choukou, A., Laffaye, G., Heugas-De Panafieu, A.M. 2012. Sprinter’s motor signature does not change with fatigue. European Journal of Applied Physiology 112 (4): 1557-68.
- Laffaye, G., Choukou, M.A. 2010. Gender bias in the effect of dropping height on jumping performance in volleyball players. Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research 24 (8): 2143-8.
- Benjamin, D., Ahram, T., De Ru, E., Choukou, M.A., Abdi, E., Gardan, N., Constant Boyer, F., Regnault,P. Taiar, R. 2016. Comparison of FAP scores with the use of safety footwear and regular walking shoes. Theoretical Issues in Ergonomics Science: 631-642
- Choukou, M.A., Ghouli, S., Boyer, F.C., Taiar, R. 2014. Effects of unstable footwear on stance pattern. Journal of Biosciences and Medicines 2:20-24.
- Choukou, M.A., Hijazi, S. 2013. Effectiveness of ankle taping on ankle joint kinematics during walking on level ground. Foot and Ankle Specialist 6(5): 352-355.
Edited Book (peer-reviewed)
- Choukou, M.A. and Syed-Abdul, S. (Eds.). Smart Home Technologies and Services for Geriatric Rehabilitation. Elsevier, Oct 2021.
- Laffaye G, Benguigui N & Choukou MA (2013). Introduction to human movement science. in “Physics of sport”, pp 413-427. Les Éditions de l’École Polytechnique ParisTech ISBN 978-2-7302-1615-9
- Choukou MA & Laffaye G (2013). Contribution of Physics to athletic monitoring. In « Physics of sport », pp 445-449. Les Éditions de l’École Polytechnique ParisTech ISBN 978-2-7302-1615-9
- Laffaye G & Choukou MA (2013). Modeling human body as spring mass system to assess athletic activities. In « Physics of sport », pp 440-445. Les Éditions de l’École Polytechnique ParisTech ISBN 978-2-7302-1615-9
To view the Principal Investigator's full list of publications, please visit Dr. Choukou's Google Scholar profile by clicking here.